I was fortunate to serve as the editor of Emergence–the University of Southampton’s postgraduate humanities journal– for 2012/2013. Volume 5 with the theme of “Dominance and Deviation” is now available which is now available online and in print including these papers:
- Investigative Reportage in Vietnamese Literature: journey Between Marginal and Mainstream by Hue Linh Bui and Minh Thi Ngoc Ngoyen
- Defying Western Femininity: The Woman’s Image in Indonesian Islamic Magazines by Aulia R. Wimboyono
- The Teller of Tell-tale Tales: Mary Robinson’s Relationship with Tales as Seen in “Lyrical Tales” by Joel Found.
- Sounds in Silence: Exploring the Articulation of Identity in Mansfield’s Female Characters by Georgina Adlam.
- Roman City Walls: Instrument of Oppression or Opportunity for Subversion? by Isobel Pinder.
- Affording Room for Deviance in Croation National Cinema Discourse by Edward Alexander.